The Knitting Elf

Monday, May 01, 2006

Breakfast and Quilting

Last night I couldn't sleep.

I lay awake till about 1am (I went to bed around 11) and finally fell asleep; but I woke up at 5:30!! I don’t feel at all tired now but I hope I don’t start feeling it later in the day.

Since I woke up early I made Hot Cocoa. I’m not a morning person so this was a real treat for my family (I always make extra ‘cause I know someone’s going to beg for some). I also had a blueberry muffin! You might not find that very exciting but for me it is. I have Celiac Disease (it basically means I’m gluten intolerant. For more information on Celiac Disease a great website to check is Celiac Disease Foundation) and haven’t had a muffin for breakfast for almost 8 months. This past week a local store was having a sale on gluten-free food and I discovered the best GF bread, doughnuts, brownies, and blueberry muffins!! They’re all made by Kinnikinnick Foods and are sooooo yummy.

While I was trying to fall asleep last night I got to thinking about some quilts I'm making. I've been working on these two quilts for around three years (not working on them everyday, just whenever I get the urge/new fabric).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is my "I Spy" quilt. Each finished square is 5x5” and they're all different. I have around 30 squares to go till I'm done w/the quilt top. I still have no idea what to back it with or how I'm going to quilt it (I may just tie it; for awhile I was toying with the idea of buttons...). I’m still not certain about the finished size. What I’m aiming for now will be big enough to cover my (queen) bed but I love big oversized blankets. However I’m not sure I’m patient enough to wait and collect that many more different fabrics.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is my "Grandma's Flower Garden" quilt. It's all hand pieced. I have a bunch of smaller pieces of it floating around but the biggest one is about 4’x2’. I’m not sure about the finished size of this one either. I’d love to be able to use this one on my bed; but at the rate I'm going I'd be working on it for the rest of my life!

When these are done I'll post more pictures (esp. close ups of all the adorable fabrics I used for the "I Spy"). I'd post more now except I'm doing the Secret Friend of Craftster swap and a couple of the fabrics I used might give me away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter