The Knitting Elf

Monday, May 01, 2006

*Ding Dong* the UPS guy is here!

It's not often that I'll post twice in one day but I received a swap package in the mail and couldn't possibly wait until tomorrow! In Craftster's Unconditional Swap April I asked for some coasters. I was picked by alwaysinmyroom and my goodness she is one generous craftster!! So on to the pictures....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Coasters - She said these are vintage Japanese bamboo coasters. And though they have some sentimental value (they were given to her by her mother) she's not a coaster person and wanted me to have them. I had to take the picture at an angle to avoid major glare; they're actually the same size.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Japanese Picture - She made this using origami paper for the frame. I'm not sure yet where I'm going to put it. It should be somewhere that I can see and enjoy it's beauty but haven't yet decided on the perfect spot.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She wasn't sure if I had ever tried origami but she had seen my tutorial on Craftster about making tissue paper envelopes (available here) and figured out I love paper! I have tried origami (and love it!) but I'm not sure I'll be able to bring myself to fold these!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The coasters were wrapped in the tissue paper on the left; the Japanese picture was wrapped in the wrapping paper on the right. These are from Japan!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lucky Cat - His little paws are raised to ask luck to come here. He's soo adorable!! I'm going to put him in the window sill of my bedroom. Hopefully he'll make friends with the little dog (currently living on my window sill) that my sister gave me for Christmas.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kitty Stuffie - She said this absolutely adorable stuffie was her first!! I wish my first stuffie came out this good! And I love it's little purse!! If you can't see, inside it says "I wuv u".

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hello Kitty Purse - I love purses!! And I adore Hello Kitty! I think I'm going to use this one for my church books and notebook; it's exactly the right size! The back is the same as the front except no pockets.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Buttons! - I collect buttons :o)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
CD - Her husband is a musician and she knew I love music so she included his CD. The cover/insert art is amazing!! I'm not very good at classifying music as this genre or that genre; but if I had too I would describe this as Jazz. I popped it into the CD player and my 5yo brother started dancing; he loves this CD!!

She also included a hand bound book in which she wrote a lovely letter explaining why she included all the different items; and also told me a bit about herself. I love this idea and I think I'll be using it in the future for my swaps (it'll also give me an excuse to practice book binding!). In the purse there were two pennies. I think this is to ward off bad luck?? I'll have to ask her to be sure :o)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And here's a shot of all of them together!!

alwaysinmyroom: I don't know if you'll ever read this but I want you to know that I love and adore every bit of what you sent me! Thank you soo much!! I think I love you :o)

1 Comments:

  • You are a real sweetheart! I am so glad that you liked everything! My mom told me that if you put money in a purse or wallet, the person getting it would have good luck with money!

    My husband owns a recording studio so he and his friends put together this album of New Orleans type music. One of the musicians on there had to leave NO due to flooding but he is OK now. The song "Mother Nature" sort of predicted the hurricane and was written up in the Hershey Chronicle..eerie! After Katrina, we played concerts and sold the album to raise funds for the Red Cross.

    The young lady singing some of the songs (Nina) was only 21 and we are working on her new album. Ha Ha Your parents would probably like the music better because we are probably their age!

    Gosh--you took such good pics! I took one of the stuffie, that is all!

    Enjoy--hope to craft for you again!

    LE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter