The Knitting Elf

Monday, July 24, 2006

I miss my computer....

I miss my lap top; this keyboard is driving me crazy!! You have to push the keys a lot harder and it's bigger then the one I'm used to. And it feels like the mouse is HUGE! I also miss being able to upload pictures from my camera. On my lap top there's a slot where I can just stick in my memory card but on this computer there's not even the right port to plug it in with the cable!! Maybe I'll start posting old projects that I already have pictures for......


Today I was going through some old craft supplies and found a couple of silver rings I was working on and forgot about!! One of them is cleaned up enough to wear but the other still needs a ton of work. I love it when I find old projects I've forgotten about (and still like); It somehow feels like a new project yet it doesn't take as long to finish :o)


- Knitting Update -
I've finished one sock and am about half-way through the other. The shawl is at a halt because I screwed something up and haven't quite figured out what I did. I got some elastic to fix boogie time (the watch thing) and will hopefully finish repairs on it by tomorrow. I still don't feel like fixing my cardigan; I think once it cools down I'll feel a bit more motivated.


I've finally gotten so sick of my hair that I'm going to change it this week. Today I went shopping for dye (I'm going red; not fire engine red, a nice auburn). I have really sensitive skin so I'll need to test it to make sure I'm not allergic to it but by Thursday I should be a red head! I'm also going to trim my hair a bit. The last hair change I went through was getting rid of my dreadlocks (if I had my way I'd still have them but my scalp couldn't handle it; I miss them terribly!) and when I finished combing them all out I had million different layers but it looked ok and I haven't changed it since.....I'm getting really sick of the layers :oP

3 Comments:

  • Can't wait to see your new locks! Auburn will look good on you, but I think you could really pull off a fire engine red (if you wanted.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 PM  

  • I would love to try fire engine red; but as I'm in the middle of trying to get a better job, I thought I should be a bit more conservative :oP

    I hate having to act "grown-up"

    By Blogger Melannen, at 6:25 PM  

  • You're not the only one... I was just thinking how fun it would be to bleach my hair and do a washed-out green.

    Good luck on your interviews this week, btw.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter