The Knitting Elf

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Back home and tatting!!

I'm really doing it!! Aunt Crafty has finally succeeded in teaching me to tat (go here if you don't know what I'm talking about)!! Right now I'm just working on a sample so I can work on my technique and even out my tension. In some places it's a bit wonky (like when I skipped 4 stitches) but I'm getting better :o) It still feels really awkward but I guess that's to be expected when you try something new; still, I hope I get a better hold on it soon.

Aunt Crafty recently started tatting little hand bags and said she'd show me how when I'm ready (I've got to make a few little projects first)!! I'm not sure I'd ever use one as they're meant to be evening bags and pretty much just hold your phone, keys, and credit card (where will I put my knitting!?). But the idea of making something so elegant/delicate makes me want to at least attempt it.

I'll update more about the "good" reunion tomorrow; right now I'm going to bed (last night I was too busy looking at the stars to sleep).

Good Night

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter