The Knitting Elf

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Life Line

Life lines are a beautiful thing. There I was working on my shawl when Aunt Gossip comes over and asks me what I'm working on. I tell her about it and she asks to see it. I carefully move all the stitches to the cable part of my needle, hoping to avoid any dropping of stitches, and let her take a look. She somehow managed to drop like, 10 stitches. I tried to fix it but it was hopeless, I ended up ripping back to my last life line (about 14 rows back!). I'm back at the point before I had to rip back (the red arrow is where I ripped too) but I think I made another mistake, I'm missing a stitch :o(


You can't see my life lines but trust me, they're there. I'm using a dark thread and it kinda blend in with the background.


Today I'm leaving for the "good" family reunion so no updates for a couple of days (I'll be back Saturday evening). My Aunt Crafty is going to (try again) teach me how to tat!! Hopefully it'll click this time around :o)

Have a good weekend everybody!!

1 Comments:

  • Good luck with the tatting. My tat-crazy grandma tried to teach me, but I just didn't get it. I think there's a part of me that rejects it because it's so much work for so little show. But if you can figure it out, I'll still be envious. The shawl looks beautiful.

    By Blogger Katherine Of It All, at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter