The Knitting Elf

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Bad Mood

I'm still in a bad mood so if you don't want to hear more ranting than stop reading now.


I wish my crazy relatives were a bit more dependable. Like when they say "we'll be there around 7am" they should arrive at about 7!! Yes, I'm glad they're not here yet, but we all woke up at 6 so we could get the house at least somewhat straightened and I for one would've really enjoyed a bit more sleep.

I don't mind Uncle Rubiks; he accepts me for who I am and likes to do puzzles with me (I've given him the blog name "Uncle Rubiks" because he taught me how to solve a Rubik's cube....I can't remember all the moves now; maybe I can convince him to give me a refresher course). He's a bit of a pessimist but I can handle that.

Aunt Gossip on the other hand I don't really like being around. It was a toss up between blog naming her Gossip or Shopping. That's all she finds joy in; gossiping and shopping. She likes to buy me stuff but unless I can get her over to the bead store it's usually jewelry/shoes/makeup that I would never use or even like. It's always given me the impression that she's trying to "doll me up" or turn me into something I'm not (girly). And if she's not buying something she's taking Mum and Daddy out to dinner or whatever and expects me to drop everything and take charge of Baby Sister and Brother. Even if I find a way to get out of it she spends the rest of her visit making me feel guilty. She had better not do that this time; I didn't go to S'n'B last week, there is no way I'm missing this week too.

And I feel sick again. I think it was something I ate at the neighbors last night (how on earth can gluten hide in fresh green beans, corn on the cob, and a plain baked potato?!?).

I need to go knit. Knitting always helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter