The Knitting Elf

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Knitting Update

I've finished "re-knitting" the cuffs and button band on my cardigan! I was going to block it yesterday, but I'm chicken. I've never blocked an entire assembled sweater before and am not quite sure how to go about it. When I block it I'll be stretching/lengthening it a bit; up to this point, my stripes have matched up and been fairly straight but I'm paranoid that when I do block it, it'll go a bit funky. It wouldn't bother me too much but it'd be nice if I could make them match you know?

I've CO with the real yarn for my mittens!! Yay!! My tension is much better now and I'm quite pleased with the way they're turning out :o) I'm about 1/3 through the left mitten (in case you need a refresher, here's the pair I'm doing).

My shawl and I haven't spoken for a few days, I'm starting to grow weary of this project. Every time I work on it I have to tink or rip back, it's amazing I've made any progress at all! I'm excited to finish, but I want the magic knitting fairy to come speed things along for me :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter