The Knitting Elf

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Wow, that was fast

I had a really hard time getting to sleep last night; so I finished my first mitten! I LOVE it and it fits beautifully; I'm going to CO for the other one later today! I'm still unable to upload pictures from my camera, but I'll try to work out a way to get some up here (maybe a digital-camera-owning-relative will take pity on me).

Last night I got an email from one of my gluten-free newsletter groups telling me there is a new Yahoo! group called UtahSillyYaks!! Fabulous bunch, I can't wait to interact more with them; it's nice to get in with a local group. Not only do you get recipe ideas, you also get local restaurant reviews and tips on where to shop from people with a lot more experience than you!

I also came across The Silly-Yak Shirt Company (not affiliated with the group above, they kindly allowed the Yahoo! group to use their name). I love the tshirt that says "wheat sucks" :oD They also have a fantastic link page with a TON of awesome information/helpful sites.

And you know those yellow rubber bracelets everybody was wearing for awhile?? Well now there's green ones to promote Celiac awareness! Nifty :o)

2 Comments:

  • Wow! You finished the mitten just like that? That's FAST! All said and done mine will have taken 2 months to finish. I can't wait to see yours.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 PM  

  • Ah, but I didn't break my wrist halfway through :o)

    And not being able to fall asleep till after 3 helped; lots of extra knitting time.

    I had actually started the mitten a day or so before I first blogged about it; Tuesday...I think. I can't remember exactly what day, my memory goes when I don't get enough sleep.

    By Blogger Melannen, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter