The Knitting Elf

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Finished Objects

I've finished my Lapland mittens; both of them :o) I've also located a relative with a digital camera who is willing and able to take pictures for me. However, we're having a hard time getting together to take dirty pictures of said mittens and other knitting projects. Hopefully I'll be able to snag some this week.


I've also started and finished a pair of Fetching fingerless gloves/mittens. I decided to make these because:

a) I needed something to do with a skein of leftover yarn from my cardigan (which I still need to block btw).
b) I've wanted to try my hand at cabling for awhile. I've understood the concept well enough but was having a hard time finding a project to start with (yeah I know, I could've just made a cable swatch; but really, where's the fun in that).
c) I was avoiding working on my shawl. I was using these as a reward for myself (you know, finish 8 rows of the shawl and then you can CO for the other one). I am soo tired of my shawl, I wish I was finished. I'm close...kind of; I'd say I'm just over 2/3 finished with the knitting. But then there's the weaving in of ends, grafting the two pieces together, and finally blocking the whole thing (which I have no idea where I'll be able to accomplish, this thing is going to be HUGE)


I've worked it out that I can attend S'n'B tonight (yay!), I'll bring my mittens (fingerless and otherwise) with me if anyone wants to see. Hopefully I'll be able to get at least a few rows done on my shawl :oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter