The Knitting Elf

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Grown-up Blankie

It's done!! I am soo pleased to tell you all that my shawl is complete!! I finished with the knitting on Tuesday (12th), finished grafting and weaving in all the ends on Wednesday (13th), and blocked really late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning. It was killing me not to post but I wanted to wait till I had some pictures to show off. So Friday (15th) Aunt Vintage* and I were finally able to get together for a photo shoot:

Sort of folded in half -
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And unfolded -
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I love how this picture really brings out the lace pattern -
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And another picture for good measure :o) -
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The final measurements of my finished shawl (ok, estimates cause I'm too lazy to really measure) are 6' x 3 1/2'. I used yarn from knit picks (shimmer) and the pattern is from this book.

Bother loves this thing and calls it my "grown-up blankie" :oD


*I chose the name Aunt Vintage because that's one of her favorite things....she loves vintage everything :o)


**Edit**
We also took pictures of my finished mittens, pictures coming tomorrow!!

2 Comments:

  • When you choose a project, you don't mess around! Awesome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 PM  

  • Wow, that is really pretty, and big!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter