The Knitting Elf

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mittens!!

Front/Back
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


In action!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I used Lion Wool and the pattern is from Folk Mittens. This was my first color stranding project! I want to string them together but I'm not sure how long I should make it. I would guess that it should measure about wrist to wrist but that seems kinda long. I also don't know what to make it out of. I-cord? A crocheted chain? Finger knit cord (this was used to attach the tassels in the original pattern, I'm not a tassel person so I omitted them)? But then all of these stretch so that would affect how long I should make it too. Hmmm.....

3 Comments:

  • Great job. I still haven't tried stranded knitting yet, but your mittens are certainly inspiring.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 PM  

  • Bitchin' ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 PM  

  • I'm with Isela - I-cord, wrist-to-wrist. I don't think a crochet chain will be enough.

    I'm also agree with Dave! Bitchin'!!! :)

    By Blogger Kathleen, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter