The Knitting Elf

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Knitting

Tonight I went to Stich'n'Bitch! It was so nice to sit and knit with other people who were also knitting!! My back is killing me (darn those stools and daddy's genes!) so next week I'll be bringing my own chair.

So I've finally gotten around to taking pictures of all my knitting WIPs. I also thought I'd post some pictures of what's at the top of my "must knit list".

We'll start with the WIPs:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^ This is the "Om Yoga Mat Bag" from S'n'B Nation. I've finished knitting it but when I went to seam up the side I somehow sewed up one side faster than the other. I got extremely frustrated with it and chucked it across the room but I think I'm just about ready to try it again.

Here's what it's supposed to look like when it's finished (except I cast on extra stitches so it would come up past the top of the mat):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^ This is the "Soft Drawstring Pouch" from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. It's my "on the go" project; I keep it in my bag and when I'm in the car, walking to the library, at the movies, or just need to keep my hands busy I work on it.

Here's what it'll look like:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^ This is my leftovers project. In a few years it'll be a huge blanket. I'm knitting it on US8 29" circular needles in garter stitch (yes I said circular needles, yes I'm knitting it in one piece, and yes I'm insane). Right now it's about 10" long


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^ Here's a picture of what I was working on tonight at S'n'B. I was about half way through one side (it's knit in four pieces and than seamed together) but my edges were so tight I decided to frog it and start over. I'm going to make it with the same color as my yoga mat bag. It's from Bags: A Knitter's Dozen


Now for the top few of my huge must knit list:
I've been wanting a shawl for awhile...these are my favorites - they're both from Shawls and Scarves
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I love this sweater!! I don't know why I like it so much, I just do :o) It's from Loop-d-Loop
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also really like these:
Green Gable
Argyle Headband
Calla

1 Comments:

  • Wow...that sweater is pretty awesome. o.0 I might have to hunt down the pattern.

    By Blogger Shadkitty, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter