The Knitting Elf

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Knitting Bag

So because I figured out that I need to take my own chair to S'n'B I made this bag to hold my knitting:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As you can see, the straps go around the handle of the chair. What you can't see is that I've attached them on the other side with snaps. I wanted to do buttons but didn't have any good ones on hand and was too excited to try it out. I think I'll probably remove the snaps and put on buttons later if I can find the right ones. It has two pockets that are about 10" wide and 8" deep (one on the outside, one on the inside). This morning when I went to take pictures I discovered that I had made it reversible! So here's the reverse side:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've been kicking this idea around for a week or two but yesterday I finally decided to try it. It was my own design but I used several techniques from various tutorials to help with the construction. Originally I was going to put a third strap (it would've been on the side) to prevent it slipping off the handle of the chair but I bagged it because I didn't know how I would attempt it and wanted to finish.


Yesterday Mum and Daddy went for a walk, ran into a neighbor getting ready for a yard sale, and brought me home this surprise:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A SNOWBOARD!!!!! Sad but true I've lived in Utah my entire life and I've never been skiing or snowboarding. I've always wanted to learn how and this winter I'm finally going too!!! My neighbor, who's having the yard sale, used to sell skis and snowboards for a living; He and his family are moving so he's trying to get rid of all his old inventory and was selling them at his cost! He had a bunch of new or like new equipment and he's letting it all go for under $30 a set!!! The boots are just a tad small so later today I'm going to go trade them for one size bigger :o)

I can't wait for winter!!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter