The Knitting Elf

Friday, June 30, 2006

Knitting Update

So yesterday I didn't finish the right front of my cardigan. I meant to, I really did, but I remembered that I have a hat to finish (for a personal swap) and I've started searching for small projects to work on at the dreaded reunion. This is what I have so far:
  • A pair of socks - yes they're simple and maybe even a bit boring; but I like them and wanted a simple pattern for my first pair
  • Boogie time - I've been without a watch for almost two years. I've had a hard time finding one that I like; I'm not really picky, I just like having one that's unique and screams "I BELONG TO JESSICA!!" :o)

I'm hoping to finish my cardigan before the dreaded reunion but if I don't I'll take that too. Does that sound like enough knitting for a week?? I'm also toying with the idea on taking my shawl (the one I need the needles from my cardigan for). Here's a picture of the yarn I'll be using for the above projects:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
From left to right; Wildfoote sock yarn (for boogie time) - I've had both of these for awhile, I'll going to be using the color 'Master Grey' (the other one's 'Geranium', I have no idea what to do with this one; I have just over 200 yards of it, any ideas??). Shimmer lace yarn (for my shawl!) in the color 'Morning Mist'. And Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn (for my socks) in the color 'Green Mountain Madness'.

It feels so great to finally be finished turning all those hanks into balls! I was so scared that I would turn them into a giant mess but it was much easier then I thought :o)


After yesterday's post I decided I might one day need a "blog name" for some of my other relatives so I've started a list*. I must say it has been very therapeutic :o) I think it's presence will make the dreaded reunion a bit more bearable. I'll be able to look at them and think "Aunt Wishy-Washy, Uncle Boring, Cousin Hate-his-guts, Aunt Gossip" etc. I haven't thought of names for all of them yet (I have a HUGE extended family) but I'm happily working on it!

Tomorrow I'm going to the "Candy Parade" and then over to the Farmer's Market to knit! Last week I couldn't go because sister's quartet was performing (they did a wonderful job but I missed my knitting!)

I'm excited; tomorrow's going to be fun :oD


*I just wanted to clarify that none of my relatives will ever know about the list, nor will I ever tell them their "blog name". I may be thoroughly enjoying thinking up names but I'm not mean enough to tell them that.

3 Comments:

  • Nice blog.
    I love that knitted watch band, is that one of your creations or a sample of what you want to do?

    Clever. I need to compile a family blog-alias list like that, too. >=]

    New and just randomly browsing...

    By Blogger S. Leigh, at 7:06 PM  

  • I'd be curious to see how the socks knit up! BTW, I just finished a new sock (my own design *grin*), and if you're at SnB tomorrow, you'll get to see it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 PM  

  • s. leigh - I wish I could take credit for the watch band but it's not mine; I’m just using the pattern. At the bottom of the pattern's page there's a little bio about the designer and a link to their blog. And oh yes the list is soo much fun! Mum's helping too :oD Thanks for dropping by, I hope you come back!

    david - I'll be there tomorrow but might not make it till around 11 or 11:30. I hope I'll be able to catch you and see your new sock!

    By Blogger Melannen, at 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter