The Knitting Elf

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Worldwide KIP Day

That's "Knit in Public" for all of you who don't know :o)

Today I went downtown to the farmer’s market and knit for a lovely 4 hours with a bunch of people from the SLC S'n'B. I was hoping to get there a bit earlier but last night my Aunt and two cousins came to visit and stayed the night. I had some crafting I needed to finished but I was trying to be good hostess. So I waited till they were otherwise occupied (asleep) and stayed up till around 2; than my insomnia kicked in and I was unable to fall asleep till at least 3:30 (that's what time it was when I rolled over and couldn't see the clock anymore). This led to me hitting the snooze button a few more times than I should've this morning....

I worked on "Counterpanes to Go" (Bags: a knitters dozen) and am about to the point I was at before I frogged it:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm in the middle (ok, only about a third) of a row of a bunch of bobbles (they take forever!). It was kind of a pain to frog it but I'm glad I did, the edges are much better now (before they were soo tight).

*David - It was cool to meet you in person (at first you thought my name was Melissa...I'm guessing that's because on my blog I'm Melannen), I'm sorry I'm too shy (offline) to say "Hey you've commented on my blog; I'm Melannen from 'The Knitting Elf'! I've also commented on yours and I said you had cool hair!". Your hair's even cooler in person btw :oD*


One of the shirts I blogged about last time is finished!! I saw a shirt kinda like this on the internet somewhere and really wanted it but didn't have the money; so I put my own spin on it and finally pulled it together last evening:

Sorry about the flash, my camera wouldn’t focus otherwise -
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And the way I had to hold my arms to take this one made it wrinkle funny at the top -
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Later I may go back and thinken the lines of the Heartagram or fill in the letters of HIM. But for now, I love it!


After knitting, I went sightseeing with Tortue. I don't think I've blogged about Tortue so let me explain...

I'm doing a swap on Craftster called "The Little Visitor Swap"; basically we sent our partner a stuffed animal and they send us one in return. When we receive our "little visitor" we have about two months to take it around our city; we take pictures, buy it little souvenirs, and make a little scrapbook documenting their adventures with us. So today I took Tortue around town and took a bunch of pictures at the Library, the Salt Palace, Gateway, Temple Square, the Delta Center, and Abravanel Hall. We also went shopping for postcards and other touristy things. :o)

Here a picture I took of Tortue awhile ago when we went to visit Mum at the hospital (it's in a little garden, Tortue's sitting on a dry fountain):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So that's what I did today....I wish everyday could be like today; today was fun :o)

4 Comments:

  • Hey, I got a direct mention on your blog! I feel so honored! I meant to tell you how cool the shirt was you were wearing, but seeing that you made it yourself... even cooler.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  

  • Awww, you're sweet :o)

    By Blogger Melannen, at 7:16 PM  

  • good job on the code...you're in! now you need to get a Ewe-tah knits button above that code so people know which ring it is...work on it...i know you can do it...you're the trekkie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 PM  

  • hmmmm, I thought I put one up....I can see it on my computer. I guess I'll try again....

    By Blogger Melannen, at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter