The Knitting Elf

Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend

So this weekend I went to knit at the farmers market. There were only 3 of us (Myself, David, and Erin - hope I spelled your name right). About an hour after I arrived, Erin had to leave so it was just David and I. I worked on my sweater (it now has multiple stripes!!). After David left some creep came over and started grilling me. At first he was just asking about knitting (which was fine) but the idiot didn't know when to quit. Finally he said "so I bet your boyfriend likes to watch your hands while you knit huh" to which I said "no, he knits too". After that he finally got the message and left me alone. So thanks for coming David, he thought I was talking about you :o) (in reality I only wish I had a boyfriend).

For Father's Day I cleaned (every time I ask Daddy what he wants for Father's Day/Birthday/Christmas he always says "a clean house and a family that doesn't fight") and we went over to my Aunts because my Grandparents were going over there (our extended family is too big to all visit at their condo). I took my sweater and got a lot done (I'm almost to the half way point on the back!!). I don't have pictures right now but I'll post some either later today or tomorrow.

So you may be wondering why I'm up at this hour (it's about 4:30am). I have some swap stuff to finish up and Craftster won't let me log on (I need the address to I can send Tortue back home!). My new allergy meds (which are great, I can breathe now!) are keeping me up too :oP So if something doesn't make sense it's because I haven't slept at all tonight.

In a few hours (after Mum and sis wake up) I'm going to observe at the "Intermountain Suzuki String Institute"*. I used to go when I was younger but I'm now old enough to be one of the teachers so I'd feel really weird taking classes. So I'll be tailing my sister (she plays the violin and is taking classes, it'll probably be her last year) and sometimes I'll tail Mum (she'll be accompanying various classes on piano). I could take Teacher Training classes but I really don't want to end up teaching music; for me, that would take the joy out of it. I guess those classes could be fun too, but I think I'll stick with what I already love :o)


*ISSI is a weeklong event where teachers and students from all over the country (and some from other countries) all come together and teach/take classes. As the official title suggests, they're all string players (violin, viola, cello, and string bass). It's an absolute blast and really jump starts you (when I go I'm always excited to practice!). I also love getting input from other teachers; it makes me feel more “well rounded” and gives me ideas on how to improve my playing .

2 Comments:

  • I feel kinda bad that that creep moved in as soon as I took off, but I'm glad (and a bit flattered) to be your alibi. Don't weirdos know? You shouldn't mess with a girl holding a fistful of needles.

    See you next week!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 PM  

  • Don't feel bad!! It's not your fault the idiotic creep had barely enough sense to fill a thimble :o)

    I am hoping to be there Saturday but I might not be able to make it (depends on when sister's quartet performs at ISSI; I know it's sometime on Saturday but I'm not exactly sure about the time)

    By Blogger Melannen, at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter